Skip to main content

500pt Tyranids in Combat Patrol and the Infinity Moto.Tronica cheap-o-table project.

Hi!

We're about to start playing a 500pt tournament amongst my gaming group using the Adepticon: Combat Patrol rules and I figured I'd need a table to host some matches on.

When Operation Ice Storm was launched, I was really impressed by the visuals of the card scenery included in the set. I didn't jump on board with the whole set as I have quite a lot of Aleph already so I just bought 4 of the scenery packs with the idea of making a 4'x4' table from them in the future. They sat unwrapped for quite a while but with the tournament kicking off tomorrow night I figured I would get to assembling them so we could use it as a second table.


Theres probably a bit much for 40k but with no area terrain as such you'd only be getting LoS cover saves so maybe it works out? It's a bit thin for infinity compared to the other tables I have played on though but it's still pretty decent for $40 worth of card!

I bought 2x 1200x600x6mm sheets of MDF with a laminate on one side that I sprayed adhesive on to and rolled out the included maps on an angle, as it dried I trimmed the edges flush with the boards and used the off-cut pieces to fill in the corners. The stacked buildings were glued in place with lower tabs of the second and third stories left unfolded for support so they can anchor on the top lip of the lower levels.

I think the angle of the 'streets' looks much cooler than using them square to the board edges and I'm really impressed with the quality of the card and detail of the maps! It's all pretty solid stuff, you'd have to be pretty clumsy or heavy handed with your models to damage anything!


So yeah, this 500pt tournament! The rules kinda nerf my favourite 'nid-zilla style lists with minimal little bugs and as many T6 big bugs as I can fit in around that. With a modification of wounds to W2 for anything other than a troop it's not really worth my while taking anything other than a Troop-Tervigon as far as a big bug goes, that does also unfortunately leave me tied to the 30 'gants as well which don't tend to do much more than suck fire and camp on an objective.

So with an alarmingly low damage output I have decided to field for exactly 500pts:

1x Venomthrope
30x Termagants - Fleshborers
1x Tervigon - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Electroshock Grubs, Stinger Salvo, Scything Talons
3x Warriors - Deathspitters, Scything Talons

I thought about taking Regen on the Tervigon instead of the other upgrades but if it spawns itself out on turn 1, there will be very little utility coming from it, at least with AG/TS and some extra ranged weaponry it can hoon around the board and hopefully cause a bit of mischief while spawning objective grabbers.

I guess the idea will be to just try and stay in the Venomthrope bubble for as long as it lives and move up as much as possible.

We'll see! I have to play against 30k Alpha Legion Marines and 40k Necrons tomorrow, I can see the Scicarian, Contemptor with Kheres Assault Cannons and Tomb Blades all making life very difficult for me!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the board and want to make one for my infinity group. I have a couple questions. Did you end up using all four paper mats? And how did you get the folds out of the paper mats?
Hey Ruben,

I can't quite remember but I think I did use all 4 sets/mats, might be able to get away with less depending on how you match them up and cut them. I do remember having some excess wastage.

I got the folds out with an Iron and a thin towel, I put them down on my kitchen floor, put the towel over the top and ironed them flat. The creases were still there but there were no raised sections.

I then fixed them to the MDF with Sika spray adhesive.

Good luck mate, hope it turns out well for you.

Jack

Popular posts from this blog

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think! House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13.

Next up, the Princeps Senoris of my favourite maniple style in the game, the Ferrox! Princeps Senoris Agdex is a lead from the front type homie. He has a flair for destruction and more often than not, his Assault Reaver Titan - Mors Miles isn't spared from copping it either. I play Mors Miles and it's matching counterpart Atro Messorum quite aggressively, often pushing the two up together then rotating the lead titan so they can share the damage taken before dishing it back out within the Melta half range. In the most recent event, Mors Miles was detonated in 2/5 games due to this play style but it created opportunities to take the objectives or for other Titans in the battlegroup to get the kill shots while also claiming quite a few engine kills of his own. Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13. Princeps Senoris Agdex headed up a Ferrox Maniple deployed to Enterigar III from the helm of his assault Reaver - Mors Miles. An aggressiv

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Maniple Pics

G'day g'day, I've been slowly chipping away at some more Titans and I'm starting to get a decent Maniple of engines on the go now so I thought it was a good time to update the blog! Thanks for checking in, Jackie Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Battlegroup Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefur