Skip to main content

Sons of Horus - Customised/Themed Leviathan Siege Dread Showcase

Hey y'all,

Pretty stoked with this, I spent a good 5 hours on it this afternoon to try and match the aesthetic of the Forge World Legion Contemptor and the Reavers/Justaerin. I trimmed down square styrene rod for the studs, made a few mirror coins from GS, added some skulls on chain and Forge World brass etch. I accidentally covered up what I found out later were the frag assault launchers with skulls, Will Hayes (hell of a designer!) filled me in on that after I had already done the work with a scalpel and some superglue.. I thought they were bloody headlights as I had seen a few guys paint them up with OSL.

Anyway, I feel that it's really come together and with some paint, will look like it was meant to be this way, it was pointed out too by Will that it looks like he's on a rollerskate with the wrecked Rapier, haha.. I can't unsee it now, but I still like the base, adds a lot of character. Which legion should I paint up the Rapier for? I don't specifically know who the SoH were fighting mid-heresy other than crushing worlds into compliance in the outer.

Cheers
Jack/Redscorps

Sons of Horus - Legion Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Conversion
Sons of Horus - Legion Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Conversion
Sons of Horus - Legion Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Conversion

Comments

Agis said…
Just discovered you new blog, I used to follow your old one. Nice to see that you are back and with as astonishing models as ever. Your red scorpions were a great inspiration for me. Looking forward to see what you come up with now.
Agis!

Hey man thanks for the kind words and good to see you, I lost your blog too! My old .blogspot got snatched up and I couldn't get it back again, would have been nice to keep the old legacy going.

Your custom work always inspired me too, I'm gonna head over to yours now and cruise through a few years worth.

Jack
Jay188 said…
Saw this on FB Jack and thought it was great, I always try to add a little extra detail on my mini's check my Leviathan out buddy.

Cant wait to see it all painted up.

J.
Yew!

Thanks Jamie, just replied to you on yours.

Thanks for checking in man.

Jack
Love the work you've done truly inspiring.

Popular posts from this blog

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think! House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13.

Next up, the Princeps Senoris of my favourite maniple style in the game, the Ferrox! Princeps Senoris Agdex is a lead from the front type homie. He has a flair for destruction and more often than not, his Assault Reaver Titan - Mors Miles isn't spared from copping it either. I play Mors Miles and it's matching counterpart Atro Messorum quite aggressively, often pushing the two up together then rotating the lead titan so they can share the damage taken before dishing it back out within the Melta half range. In the most recent event, Mors Miles was detonated in 2/5 games due to this play style but it created opportunities to take the objectives or for other Titans in the battlegroup to get the kill shots while also claiming quite a few engine kills of his own. Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13. Princeps Senoris Agdex headed up a Ferrox Maniple deployed to Enterigar III from the helm of his assault Reaver - Mors Miles. An aggressiv

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Maniple Pics

G'day g'day, I've been slowly chipping away at some more Titans and I'm starting to get a decent Maniple of engines on the go now so I thought it was a good time to update the blog! Thanks for checking in, Jackie Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Battlegroup Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefur